Sunday, May 11

Mothers Day Reflections

Happy Mothers Day!
A flower for the mothers out there!


I've been a mom for 10 years now. Wow... I can hardly believe it! It seems like just a moment ago that I was rubbing my nose on chubby little baby cheeks, breathing in that smell of baby scalp and Johnson's shampoo. 
I didn't plan for any of my three munchkins, but I always expected them. Envisioning what a life as a mom would be all my life, yet never being prepared for what it really was. All its happy moments -many admittedly taken for granted, and it's frustrations...mostly with myself.
Everyone wishes me a happy mothers day and we reflect on the worth of a mother, which of course evokes a moment of introspection; I can't help but wonder, what has been the mark of my motherhood? Have I taken the blessings bestowed upon me by my own mother and expounded upon them? The tremendous responsibility of molding lives that shapes the world we live in, have I taken that to heart as I should?  

It is these moments of reflection that remind me that everyday life with it's ups and downs, all my efforts to create a loving home for my family, all the habits that we form, behind every moment and dream, there lies a higher purpose and a great responsibility.
Motherhood is not always easy, so to the mothers out there I say be encouraged, be vigilant, be strong, do not be weary with well doing, and love much.

"Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all". Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised." ~Proverbs 31:35-30 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...