Wednesday, January 1

Highlights and Happenings: A Look Back At 2013

4, 3, 2, 1...Haaaaaappy New Year! 
The ball has dropped and it is officially 2014 here in Ohio! Wahooo! 
What exciting things do you have planned for 2014? Are you a resolution setter? Generally I am kind of a year-round resolution setter. I resolve, I try, I fail, I try again less emphatically, I get inspired and I resolve, and we do this dance over and over again. *lopsided grin*
It's called goals and aspirations, and it is definitely not a sprint to the finish! This month I'm going to share my resolutions and how to take two steps forward even though you might take one step back. *wink*


My Ongoing Resolutions (in no particular order):

  • Save even more on my grocery bill and squeeze the most out my budget.
  • Improve my guitar & piano skills and help my kids do the same
  • Organize at least one thing per week, even if it is a little thing!
  • Get fit, and eat less sweets.
  • Make learning a great experience for my kids! 


My Favorite Projects & Posts
I. Can't. Choose! I guess if I had to choose, a few of my favorite projects would be my menu planner, my chore system, the pin & magnet board + dresser update, and my DIY rugs. The first two made a big impact in the function of our home and in simplifying our lives, and the last two...well the last two were just loads of fun and pretty to look at!


I guess these must have been reader favorites as well, because these projects seemed to be featured most across the blogosphere, for which I say a great big thank you! You guys make me feel special!
I'd also like to give a big thanks to IHeart Organizing, Apartment Therapy, Buzzfeed, Roadkill Rescue, and Knock Off Decor for featuring other projects I did this year! 


2014 Awaits! 
So many neat things are going on in 2014! Just to drop a hint or two, there are magazine features (I can't WAIT to share!!), podcasts, interviews, and contributor articles in the near future! 
I will be contributing at SheKnows! I'm very excited to share my "expertise" (do I have any of that?...well I suppose trial and error have taught me waaaay more than I'd like!).



January 12th - 17th I have the privilege of joining with some fantastic bloggers, a few who are as new as I am to the blogging world, but have made a big splash! We will be sharing our confessions of what it means to be a blogger. We'll also be hosting a Blogging Resources link party on the 17th, and a live chat from 3-5pm via Facebook & Twitter!
Mark your calendar, you won't want to miss this! You'll laugh your socks off at some of these confessions, and hopefully we won't shock you too much!






Have a lovely New Year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...