Thursday, June 19

Last Year's Deck Garden

Are you enjoying gardening season? After a long frigid winter, I am positively reveling in summer weather! Our deck garden is coming along nicely and I can't wait until everything fills in and plants start really producing.
A reader emailed asking if I gave a garden tour last year. Well it turns out that I didn't share one... Strange, I don't know how I missed that. So I thought I'd share what my deck garden looked like last year, then later when this year's garden is producing I'll be sure to share so you can see what I've done differently. 


What my deck looked like last year...
We have a lovely forested view off of our deck. It is very a lovely area to lounge, and I'm hopeful I'll have to to update it this year. I've been dragging my feet on this project...every time I go outside I end up plunking down on my lounge unable to get up. *grin*


This is the view from inside my living room to one part of our backyard deck. I love being to look out and see the beauty of the great outdoors. 


I was happy to find this little fold-up bistro set abandoned by the previous owners in the attic. It is a nice spot for an outdoor breakfast or evening tea. 

Last year I built deck beds and made them sub-irrigated so that I would only have to water once every few months! I also upgraded the container garden to be sub-irrigated.


My kids love sugar snap peas... I mean they REALLY love sugar snap peas. They would eat most of them, then collect just a few in the basket to bring into the house. The hubby and I barely had any peas last summer, so this year we're planting twice as many!



I love the color of cabbage...oh I love the taste too, but I really enjoyed watching them grow. 

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of my deck garden. I'm looking forward to sharing the upgrades I'm hoping to make to this year's garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...