Monday, March 25

The Incredibles: Clean Mama

When I say the word "clean" it comes out as a dreamy wistful sigh... I love the process of organizing, but UGH I hate cleaning! Weird right? Especially since the two tend to go hand-in-hand. It is clear that I need to get some cleaning love and I'm desperate for a bit of direction and inspiration!


I keep finding myself drawn to one particular blog Clean Mama. The name in itself seems to beckon! Becky, aka Clean Mama has been such a help in getting me motivated and setting me on the right track. If she isn't the queen of clean, well I don't know who is. That makes her an Incredible in my book, so I'm happy that Becky is stopping by Home Made by Carmona today!




Interviewing The Incredibles Part 4: 
Spring Into Cleaning

Ursula: I love organizing because it has a beautiful end product, much like decorating. But many of us have a difficult time with cleaning because the results last for what feels like a moment. How do you bring the romance into tasks that seem to be futile? Is cleaning just a dance of futility?


Becky: Honestly,  I really enjoy the process of cleaning.  I use products that smell yummy and work well - it's fun to me!  Much like organizing, cleaning can produce some great results in a hurry.  And yes, it is a dance in futility, but with a method and a plan cleaning can be seen as an enjoyable routine with great benefits and quick results.



Ursula: Becky, you have 3 children just like I do. What in the world is a clean house suppose to look like with kids? Is there a different definition of cleanliness for the person with kids, or animals, or a messy spouse or roommate versus those without? Or can we obtain that holy grail of cleanliness in our homes no matter who we live with?


Becky: Cleanliness is something different to everyone.  I tend to be on the neat freak side of the scale, but it's what you are comfortable with.  If walking into a room that's in complete disarray sets your heart a-flutter, you probably need to pick it up to move on to the next thing.  If that doesn't bother you, so be it.  With 3 little kids, clean has a different meaning than it did when it was just me and my hubby.  Regardless, a couple clean ups before school and bed help the overall 'clean factor'.  My main goal is to have the house drop-in guest ready.  Not spotless, because that would be intimidating to a drop in guest and who am I kidding, people LIVE here, but a clean bathroom and cleaned up kitchen do the trick for me.  Beds are made in the morning and dirty clothes go in hampers - these few things keep the clutter at bay and keep the overall clean factor pretty sweet.




Ursula: You have an entire blog dedicated to the art of cleaning! So I realize this question may be unanswerable in a single take, but if you had to sum up the secret to a clean house, what would it be?

For those of us who are “clean challenged”, put us on a regimen. Where do we start, and how can we stay on task?


Becky: I don't know if it's THE secret to a clean house, but my secret is a cleaning routine - I have 4 daily task that get done every day:  check floors (sweep if necessary), wipe counters (kitchen and baths), clutter (quick clean ups during the day), laundry (at least one load from start to finish every day).  Then I add one other larger cleaning task every day Monday is bathrooms day, Tuesday is dusting day....Then Friday is catch-all day - a day to catch up on anything not completed during the week.  Then the weekends are for fun and family.  Start small, one thing each day and if it doesn't get started or finished, try again the next day.  Keep a list - use the checkmarks as motivators and complete your tasks little by little. 



Ursula: Ok, I admit I’m in awe of you! *Chuckle* Cleaning is my kryptonite... but you make it sound so pleasant and doable! I feel confident I will be able to conquer my house rather than it conquering me moving forward. Thank you for motivating us and giving us the first steps we need Becky! Be sure to visit Becky at her blog Clean Mama, and follow her on Facebook as well, she'll help keep you on task! 


What about you? Do you struggle to maintain a hot-mess house in constant chaos mode? Or maybe you’ve already gotten cleaning down pat. Come back this Thursday and join me in my early spring cleaning endeavors. Link up your cleaning tips and tricks, or blog about how you have been inspired by Clean Mama and come back and share! I have been following Clean Mama’s awesome routine, and I can’t wait to share! Oh, and guess what? Clean Mama is sponsoring a giveaway of her fantastic $65 value Clean + Organized Lifestyle Kit!!! Eeeeeeep! I KNOW! I’ve been using it, and my house has never been more perfect! It includes 74 must have documents, and it could be yours! So come back on Thursday for the “Spring Into Cleaning” link challenge, and/or to enter the giveaway! Till then…here's a peak at the giveaway to keep you dreaming and cleaning! And pssssst, there just might be an additional little something-something from Clean Mama for everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Homes are really very difficult task to clean. But our moms are always good at cleaning home in couple of minutes. home cleaning has become necessary in today's polluted era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The checklist is most useful way for home cleaning activities. If you have proper checklist about home cleaning then just follow your checklist and make you home clean easily. It is the simple and most easy way to clean up home in a small time. You can get more cleaning tips at Cleaning Service Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...