Friday, November 2

Task & Reminder Board

We often have a thousand different thoughts and to-do's crowding our mind, and sometimes keeping track of what needs to be done can prove to be a challenge. Can you say multitask? I can't, some of us do it better than others, as for me... well let's just say "challenge" doesn't begin to cut it. *sigh*
Sometimes we just need a place to jot ourselves a note to help remember the little things. So I tried a pin board in the office, and a task board in the kitchen, no dice, I still couldn't keep track. Finally it dawned on me that the one place I hadn't tried a task & reminder board was in my bedroom. I want my task board to be the first thing I see when I pry my eyes open in the morning, the last thing I glimpse at night (which makes my husband envious of a task board... *snicker*), and in easy reach when I wake up at 3 in the AM because my brain just won't stopSometimes you need to be able to jot yourself a note to have enough peace to go back to sleep.

Bedroom Task & Reminder Board
Much to my delight, this location made a difference! Who'd a thunk? Not only could I sleep more soundly at night, but lo' and behold it appears there is hope for me being task oriented yet! If you have a hard time keeping track of the little odd-end things-to-be-done, give it a go, perhaps it will help. Oooh, but I do have a few tips to make your task board all the better.
One, be creative: I confess that the pin board I had previously used didn't really appeal to me nor did it inspire me to make the best use of it. So I thought I'd try something a little different, a framed task board. It gave me a chance to use my beloved stickies and dry erasers! A favorite glass framed picture, a mirror, or even a framed cork board can spice things up a bit.
Two, make it pretty: I used a gorgeous wrapping paper instead of pictures. I didn't want it to be busy, so I covered a few sections with off-white paper and let the wrapping paper image show through from behind.
Three, categorize your tasks: Don't be content with a messy board full of stickies, notes, and papers everywhere. Believe me, disorderly tasking doesn't make for order. I'm just saying... I created categories to more easily keep track of what needs to be done. I categorized by Blog Tasks, my dinner Menu Plan, a Miscellaneous Notes section, a To-Do List, and a Calendar.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...