Friday, August 30

Highlights & Happenings

Hey there lovely people! It has been almost 9 months of blogging for my little-blog-that-could, and I am SO grateful for all of you being so supportive and following all my adventures! I can hardly believe how the blog has grown in leaps and bounds thanks to you. 
There is often so much going on behind the scenes that I don't get to share, and I think it is time to begin sharing a monthly update for all of you. This end of month post will review the last months posts & happenings, plus sneak peeks at projects I'm working on, and things that have inspired me that month.  

Welcome to the first of many 'Highlights & Happenings' post! Well, we better get started, I have lots to catch you up on since I have to make up for 8 missed months! *mischievous grin*  Nah I wouldn't do that to you, as promised in the title I'll just stick to a few highlights. 

New & Improved Blog Page...
If you've been following along from the beginning or even the last few months you may have noticed little changes you couldn't quite put your finger on. Well, I'm trying to keep it as subtle as possible, but I am updating and creating a page you can easily navigate and enjoy!
The latest is the update to the new and improved House Tour page! As I gain steam on projects and rooms (although I have a feeling they will never be "complete"), I will add them to the House Tour page, and add all the associated links to projects from that room.  In addition, you'll see new rollover links and descriptions on the 'Room by Room' page.



Guess Where Else You Can Find Me?!!
I have been so honored to have my projects featured over at Apartment Therapy, and RoadKill Rescue! I mean, Apartment Therapy...drool, and I'm such a fan of Beckie Farrants blogs, anyone who encourages others to turn trash into treasure is stink'in awesome. 
Oh, and I just started exploring the wonderful world that is Houzz. So all you Houzz fans, be sure to follow along!


Kitchen ideas, bathroom ideas, and more ∨

Before you throw your next party, browse a wide selection of home bar supplies, drinking glasses and kitchen serveware.
Find inspiring decorating ideas, from a tufted headboard to custom window treatments, to help you redesign your bedroom.

In Case You Missed Last Months Projects...
I had been putting off some important "final" touches (yeah right, like I'm finished) in my middle munchkins bedroom, and finally I buckled down and got them done! Roll over these picture links & click to read all about these projects.  


DUAL PIN & MAGNET BOARD
click here to read more

Learn how to make this dual pin and magnet board here!

EASY DIY PAINTED JARS
click here to read more

Upcycle jars into pretty storage the easy way!

PRINCESS PINK BEDROOM REVEAL!
click here to read more

See the reveal of this girly bedroom, and all the projects that made it what it is!


Projects I'm tackling this coming month...
I feel like I have a bad case of Decorating ADD. I float from one room to the next, and one project to the next without ever accomplishing any one room! Sure, I'll continually be improving things, even after they are "complete", but I think it's time I focused my attentions room by room. I hope you'll come along with me month by month as I tackle one space at a time!  

In the month of September I'll be focusing on a small but much needed space, the coat closet. I want to get it done before cool Autumn weather comes a'knocking! Brace yourself for this before, because it. is. scary!  
Have any suggestions for me? I'd love for you to link up your best inspiration this coming Monday, and if I use any of your suggestions (or just love them) I'll be sure to share them here on the blog. 


Speaking of linky round-ups and parties... I haven't hosted too many of them and I want to remedy that. It's hard for me to "get out" and explore the web the way I want to. Every time I want a little inspiration on how to decorate or organize a room I end up spending hours searching through Pinterest! Am I the only one? I love to be "Pinspired" by all the incredible projects and content out there, but then I find myself wanting to share my finds with all of you here on the blog! So I'm introducing a new monthly link party entitled "Pinspired Projects". I'll share my online finds and inspirations by space/topic of the month, if you'll also share! I'd love to have all you makers of incredible pins (because that's what you lovely bloggers are!) link up your tutorials, inspirations, and makeovers. And for all you pinners of incredible pins (the lovely readers!), we will be able to enjoy inspiration by room in one place without hours of searching! Its a win-win! *wink* I'm getting this party started on Monday, so mark your calendars! 


Well, that's all for now. I hope you'll enjoy Closet Month! I can't wait to share all the fantastic inspiration I've found around the web as well as my own ideas. And I can't wait to see your closets or closet-like projects at Monday's Pinspired Projects link round-up! I'd love to see how you have organized and decorated your closet spaces in preparation for cooler weather. 

Hope you have a wonderful September!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...