Friday, November 29

November Highlights & Happenings

Happy Thanksgiving!!
(Well, to those of you who are in America...to those of you who are not...happy end of November!!!! *grin*)
Are you sprawled out in front of a fire, a glass of eggnog (or if you're me, soynog) in hand while reading this? *contented sigh* Aaaahhh the vacation season!
 (To those of you not in the U.S., a cold weekend counts as a good enough reason to drink eggnog and put your feet up by a fire). *wink*
Of all the holidays, I appreciate what Thanksgiving can be...well, when I'm willing to trade in gluttony for expressions of thankfulness! *grin* 
I have much to be thankful for, but I am most thankful for my darling little family! 
I've never posted a picture of my family on the blog before. I figured no one would care much since I'm blogging about home DIY...I am surprised at how many emails I get asking why I haven't posted a family picture! The most you've probably seen is the corner of a little person here or there, but never an entire photo of my family. So I thought I'd introduce you to them! Family, these are my readers, readers, this is my family!



Hmmm, because this family pic is about 9 months old, and because a picture is suppose to be worth a thousand words...here is a recent pic that depicts us a bit more "true to form". The hubs took it, so this one is just of all his girls. 


BOOO!
Scared you right? *giggle*

Last Month's Completed Projects
Enough about my personal life. Lets get back to my personal home decorating. *grin*
If you missed it, this month was filled with bathroom reno projects, because I figure my holiday guests will appreciate pretty and functional bathroom spaces. See the entire reveal and a detailed $83 makeover budget breakdown here.

LULU & GEORGIA INSPIRED RUGS
click here to read more


How to make these inspired rugs for $9!

ART ON A $10 BUDGET
click here to read more


Learn clever ways to create an art grouping on a slim budget.

DIY HAIRCLIP HOLDER
click here to read more


Store fancy clips in an art grouping!

In case you didn't see it, my DIY Rug Tutorial was featured over at Knock Off Decor this month! Such a fantastic site dedicated to all kinds of creative knock off tutorials. Who say's you have to pay through the nose for lovely things? Thanks for the shoutout!

I was also thrilled to be able to feature a tutorial and Q & A from a blogger I who knows how to take DIY to the next level, Kelly from View Along the Way. Check out this first of many "Take It From The Pros" projects. This ongoing series lets me re-create some of our favorite blogger projects, and get one step closer to my dream house! If you missed it, you can read the post here.



What's Next?
Well, I almost forgot to share the downstairs bathroom reveal...in my defense I was sick for a week (chills and everything). Thankfully I realized it a couple days ago, and added it to the December lineup!
As for projects, well I know I said I'd tackle a space a month, but hey, let me catch my breath a moment! I'm prepping for the holidays and I have quite a bit to do. No worries though, I'll be sharing all my guest prep and holiday what-not's...after all, you have quite a bit of planning too right? I CAN'T WAIT!!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...