Wednesday, November 27

Jack & Jill Bathroom Reveal

This bathroom makes me soooooo happy! I seriously avoided passing this bathroom because it made me anxious and frustrated. My girls had a hard time keeping it tidy, and it seemed to get uglier every time I saw it. Now with some careful planning it is pretty and practical! But wait, I've saved the best for last, this bathroom was decorated and organized for a grand total of $83. Some of you who have tracked how much they spend on a single room know how little that is, and how ridiculously hard that was! *grin*  This just goes to show that a little elbow grease, and some paint can go a long way!

Budget Breakdown
There are a few items I managed to get cheap or free, so you may want to factor in a little extra...but here are all the details of what I spent on this bathroom, and a few extra details you may need to plan your own inexpensive bathroom makeover! Ironically, the most expensive part of this makeover was buying storage baskets. 
  • Bath Rug - $9: Target rug, $7.19 (after 10% reduction for damage). Leftover paint, $0. Painters tape, $1.29. 
  • Shower Curtain - $10: Fabric bolt $7 from Habitat for Humanity Restore. $3 for thread and 1 spool of ribbon.  
  • Wall Art - $10: 3 Walmart frames, @ $1.97 each. Goodwill materials & frames, 50 cents each. Staples prints, $0 (after staples rewards...49 cents each w/out reward). Braces, $1.19 (also used on vanity).
  • Storage & Accessories - $32: 3 baskets from Kohls (with coupon), $28.86. 3 bowls from Goodwill @ $1 each. 3 bowls previously owned $0.
  • Hardware - $11: 2 Gatehouse brand handles @ $2.91 ea. and 3 hooks @ $1.98 ea. from Lowes (less one 10% off total purchase coupon). 
  • Wall Paint - $12: 50% off Glidden paint from Walmart's discount paint section.
  • Vanity Paint - $0: Leftover from coat closet project.
  • Miscellaneous Project Materials - $0: Already owned. Includes painting tools, gel stain, gold spray paint, sheets, and white paint. 

Before & After
There is simply nothing more satisfying than seeing all your little projects come together at the end of a makeover. Well, let me use the term "end" loosely, you know DIY'ers, we just don't seem to be able to rest. *chuckle*
This bathroom truly is a compilation of small projects, all simple but effective projects. These are the items that serve a purpose, however that doesn't mean they can't be pretty as well. These small projects are also the key to decorating as cheap as possible, otherwise buying these items, even at sale price will run you up a pretty penny in the end.

Project Links:
THE PAINTED VANITY | HOW TO STAIN A BASKET | GOLD STORAGE BOWL DIY | RECESSED BATHROOM STORAGE | BATHROOM ART ON A $10 BUDGET | DIY HAIRCLIP HOLDING ART | DIY SHOWER CURTAINS | LULU & GEORGIA INSPIRED RUGS

View from the hallway before and after.





View from the bedroom before and after.




View of the shower curtain before and after.


Bathroom storage before and after.




Bathroom vanity before and after.







Link Love


23 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I can't believe you did that entire transformation with $83!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol, and a month ago I naively thought $40 should do the job. Well, next time maybe I'll hit that mark! ;)

      Delete
  2. What a transformation! Love all the details, especially the storage and the rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed! The before and after is truly inspiring. The bathroom looks so elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! It was a fun (and rather necessary) project!

      Delete
  4. I love the little details of the hooks and holders. But what color is the vanity paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Sadly I do not know the exact color... that is the downside of buying discounted "oops" paint...you don't always know the name of the color since it was mixed and discarded by someone else. The upside? SO cheap!

      Delete
    2. ah yeah good point! I've done this before as well. It looks like it's a gray/purplely color. I have a bathroom that I am desperate to makeover. It's got a lot of dark red/brown paint (ugh! Primer!).

      Delete
  5. Love it. Where did you find the hand hook for the towel? That is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I love the hand clasp, but it was the only pretty thing that was in this bathroom before when we bought the house. Unfortunately I do not know where it was purchased, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the difference in the storage look. Mmmm I thought my bathroom needed gutted maybe not. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. Love the new look of the storage unit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even know how I stumbled upon your amazing bathroom renovation, but wow! And then I saw the before pictures... double wow! This looks so great. We are getting ready to tackle a bathroom and your's is a great inspiration. I'd love for you to share it at our link party!!

    http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com/2014/01/link-it-or-lump-it-party-21.html

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy!
      And thank you for the invitation, I've linked up! ;)
      (Fantastic blog by the way!)

      Delete
    2. I just noticed you linked up at our party and forgot I had already commented. I was getting ready to reshare my love of your bathroom... again! Ha. Thanks for the "fantastic blog" comment by the way. That means a lot. I'm following your Newbie Blogger series and really loving it. You're an inspiration to us all!

      Delete
  10. Wow!! Nice Job! Love the neutral colors and wall art!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an amazing job on the bathroom!! It looks awesome. Thanks for linking up at the Link It or Lump It link party! I featured your bathroom transformation this week! Come on over and grab a button and check out the feature. We'd love for you to link up again, too. http://www.twoityourself.com/2014/01/link-it-or-lump-it-link-party-22-plus.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! I appreciate the shoutout!

      Delete
  12. Awesome makeover, Ursula! I love the changes you made! You really made the most of your girls' bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the towel clip where did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. ursula this blew my socks off wow what a transformation,i have a tiny bath that i just haven't got the oomff to get started on i think removing the wall paper i have is my biggest problem but you bathroom shows me what i could have thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I could help inspire and hopefully motivate. ;) Good luck with your own bathroom makeover!

      Delete

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...