Tuesday, April 15

Library Book Basket

My girls are big readers, and big mess makers, and big on losing things. Not a good combination for taking advantage of a "free" library...I believe I'm paying my way in fees.
So when I take a moment to write about buying a library book basket, you'll have a better idea of why.... when you have kids even the smallest organizing detail can make a huge difference.  



This beautiful basket cost just $8 at 50% off via TJ Max. It was a bit scratched up, which sadly makes it perfect for my girls to store their library books... Then I don't have to stress that they will destroy a beautiful or expensive basket over time. 


The girls sprawl out nearby this basket, warming themselves atop the living room vents as they read. Making this one spot their reading nook means they put the book back into the basket as soon as they are finished, which means no lost books, and less overdue fees! 
We also keep our library book bag in this basket, and book marks nearby. 


It is amazing what a simple basket and a plan can do. It is one less stressor for me as I try to teach my girls responsibility...after all, nothing is more frustrating than lecturing over a misplaced book. Now we are all smiles and good books.

Speaking of good books, here are a few of my favorite library reads! *Big smile*

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous15.4.14

    You have a knack for making a simple idea look great and be oh-so-functional. :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love that basket! And the price makes it twice as beautiful. Thank you for your ideas. Big and simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D The price sure made me happy! Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete

Thank you for posting. Your comments mean a lot to me! But to help prevent spam, comments have to be moderated, so you may not see them post right away...